Blog Archive

Friday, June 18, 2010

Top 5 Fastest Cars Pictures

So that post I made of the Bugatti being taken to it’s top speed really got me thinking. More like day dreaming actually. Imagine how amazing it would be to go that fast? Well that question led me to this post. I bring you the Top 5 fastest production cars on the planet. I know it is usually a top 10 but that is just too far down the line for me. First 5 are what matters. Enjoy.

McLaren F1
Entering in 5th place is the Mclaren F1. This used to be the fastest car in the world until it’s mantle was taken over by the other 4 cars.

Engine: V12 627hp
Stats: Top speed – 240mph. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.
Price Tag: $970,000

Koenigsegg-CCX-933 4
Bred by the Swedish High Performance Automaker; The Koenigsegg CCX speeds in but not too fast at 4th place.

Engine: V8 806hp
Stats: Top speed – 245mph. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.
Price Tag: $545,000

Saleen S7 3
In 3rd place we have the Saleen S7. In spite of it’s enormous size, the S7 is quite the beautiful car. Although don’t expect to be cooled easily with the engine right behind you.

Engine: Twin Turbo Fully Aluminum V8, 750hp.
Stats: Top speed – 248mph. 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.
Price Tag: $555,000

Bugatti Veyron 2
Falling back into 2nd place is the extremely well known Bugatti Veyron, after all this car was a pioneer in it’s field. This beautiful car can reach a top speed of 250mph. That is over 400km/h! I want to drive that fast soooo badly without amassing a tremendous amount of speeding tickets of course.

Engine: W16 1001hp
Stats: 253mph top speed. 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.
Price: a whopping $1.7m making it the highest priced car ever.

SSC Aero
Finally, zooming into 1st place with no style what so ever is the SSC Ultimate Aero. I don’t know about you guys but this must be the ugliest supercar I have ever seen. I think of vomit every time I look at it. The thing looks like it was made 5 years ago. Good job on reaching 257mph though. That’s pretty crazy I must admit.

Engine: Twin Turbo V8 1183hp
Stats: 0-60 in 2.7 seconds.
Price Tag: $664,000- less than half the price of the Bugatti Veyron.

My Thoughts: Even though the Aero wins #1 fastest production car in the world, I think I’ll take the close second; Bugatti Veyron. It’s beautiful, it’s high tech and it is still very fast.